Glen Elgin 18YO 700ml
• A limited edition, natural cask strength single malt whisky.
• From a highly regarded Speyside distillery that deserves to be better known.
• A third release in this series from the original distiller’s stocks.
• From two batches, one distilled using Pombe yeast for lifted hints of green apple and matured in ex bodega casks for richness, the other using more conventional cerevisiae yeast and matured in refill European Oak butts.
• From ex bodega and refill European Oak butts.
Founded 1899. Designed by doyen of distillery designers, Charles Doig.
The last distillery to be built on Speyside for sixty years. Powered by water until 1950.
A natural place: house martins nest here and swoop among the traditional worm tubs.
Only available as a single malt since 1960s. A 12 year old has been more widely available since 2002.
Previous releases in this series were a 16 year old distilled in 1991 and released in 2008, and a 32 year old distilled in 1971, which was released in 2003. Tangerine fruitiness, the make’s “signature”, derives from long, slow fermentation
A distinguished example of a Top Class rated malt with a highly sophisticated, classic Speyside taste; a fresh, yet voluptuous aroma and layers of fruit make this an enticing dram, with well balanced oak providing just enough spice.
• From two batches using different yeasts and cask finishes
• 5,352 individually numbered bottles worldwide.